Coronavirus: Apply For Work Visas – USA Begs Medical Professionals Everywhere 

Mar 28, 2020 | Trending

The United States is begging medical professionals all over the world to come to the US to help fight COVID-19 pandemic.

They encouraged medical professionals seeking work in the U.S. on a work or exchange visitor visa (H or J), particularly those working on #COVID19 issues, to contact the nearest U.S. Embassy/ Consulate for a visa appointment.

Update on H and J Visas for Medical Professionals

They encouraged medical professionals seeking to work in the United States on a work or exchange visitor, particularly those working to treat or mitigate the effects of COVID-19, to reach out to the nearest embassy or consulate to request a visa appointment.

For those foreign medical professionals already in the United States:

J-1 Alien Physicians (medical residents) may consult with their program sponsor, ECFMG, to extend their programs in the United States. Generally, a J-1 program for a foreign medical resident can be extended one year at a time for up to seven years.

Note that the expiration date on a U.S. visa does not determine how long one can be in the United States.

Those who need to extend their stay or adjust their visa status must apply with USCIS.


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *